Welcome to our Zoo!

Let's take a tour of the Zoo. There is the Zoo Keeper, he is in the Air Force. Then there is me, I am the Zoo Trainer. I have been married to the Zoo Keeper for 13 years. Then we have the Animals of the zoo, the Zebra, the Monkey and the Alligator. The Zebra is 10 now. The Monkey is 8 soon to be 9. The Alligator is 6. We do all of our training at home (homeschool). We are a traveling zoo that has been to Wisconsin, Mississippi, Nebraska and Maryland.

Monday, October 05, 2009

Visit from Family

We had visitors come into town on Saturday to visit the Zoo, the parents and siblings of the Zoo Keeper. On Saturday night we went to a local resturant that has great seafood. I have never seen such big portions of food. I felt like someone should have rolled me out of the resturant when we left there.

On Sunday we went to Washington DC. We went to the Holocaust Museum but decided that the animals of the Zoo should not go there. That was the most depressing two hours of my life. I think they did a great job with the museum. My favorite part was at the end when you got to see all the pictures of the American and Allied troops who were able to rescue the survivors. I loved the wall where you could read about how the average citizens were able to assist and save some of the Jews during Hitler's terror. I loved to be able to go into the room of rememberance and praise God for those who survived and lived to share their story.

Then today, Monday, we went Mount Vernon to see the home of President George Washington. That was great. I remember going through his house when I was a child and now to be able to bring my children there was exciting. I loved the beautifully set up bedrooms with the four poster beds. I enjoyed looking out over the potomac river into Maryland from the piazza (back porch). After the tour of the house we were able to go see the final resting place of George and Mary Washington. I am looking forward to researching more about the life of George and Mary Washington.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home